Cool temperatures and crystal clear skies were a real treat for the teams of golfers at Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity’s 9th annual golf tournament. Several inches of rain and strong storms had postponed the scramble a week earlier. On Saturday, March 28, 2015, chapter alumni, family and friends of the Fraternity and community members teed-off in perfect weather at Northwestern Hills Golf Course.
Two-player amateur teams competed for a $200 cash prize, handed out in an awards ceremony in the clubhouse. First place was a tie, with father/son duo TJ O’Rourke and Thomas O’Rourke sharing the top store of 72 with Joey Kliebert and Steve Carrier. Carrier also claimed “nearest to the pin” and the longest drive went to TJ O’Rourke.
Tournament coordinator Michael Dailey said new additions to this year’s tournament helped spark interest among players and sponsors. “We added several gimmick holes to our usual contests. Four ball, girls putt, pick a club, and alternate shot seemed to be really popular with our players.”
The annual tournament wouldn’t have been possible without the generosity of several area businesses, individuals, and NSU organizations that sponsored the event. 2015 tournament sponsors included:
- Association Member Benefits Advisors (AMBA)
- Posey’s Sports Center
- The Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame and Northwest Louisiana History Museum
- McCain NAPA Auto Supply
- The Hall Tree Men & Women’s Apparel
- Shawn Daily, Edward Jones Investments
- Beta Omicron chapter alumnus Alan Pasch & wife Yonna
- Beta Omicron chapter alumnus Jason Stelly & wife Denee
- Beta Omicron chapter alumnus Steve McCutcheon
- Beta Omicron Chapter alumnus Lane Luckie
- Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, Alpha Zeta Chapter
- Alpha Omicron Pi Fraternity, Kappa Chi Chapter
- Magee’s Patio Café
- Uniforms For You
The tournament is expected to return next Spring for its 10th year. Information on dates and registration will be posted in January 2016.